Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Goodbye Max

On Monday morning, Denise and I had to say goodbye to our dear old Max. Having him put to sleep was one of the most difficult things we've ever had to do, but he was suffering too much to continue on. He was a good ol' doggie who gave us lots of love and laughs over the years. Last summer he became ill with what the veterinarian felt was bladder cancer. Max lived considerably longer than the 1-2 months he predicted. I could write lots about this dog who brought so much joy- and perhaps I will. Right now, we're just going through the grief and sadness of losing him. I thank the Lord for nearly 16 years with him (he lived to be nearly 17 years old). We'll always have great memories of Max.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Sorry to hear that, Mike. I know it can be rough - it was surprisingly hard to say goodbye to Chloe. My sympathies.

Mike Roots said...

Thanks Steve. Chloe was a great dog too.