Tuesday, September 8, 2009

In search of quality, consistent devotional time

I've really struggled in this area and would love to hear from others on what has worked for you. I've had excellent times with the Lord, reading the bible and praying in the morning, but quality and consistency evade me. Too many mornings end up with only a few short minutes to perhaps read a small passage or a selection from a daily devotional and then a very short prayer. The time is too often rushed, and frankly, I'm tired of shortchanging the Lord and myself. However, I am determined to start fresh tomorrow. I'm committed to getting to bed earlier and getting up earlier.

Let me know what works for you and also if you too struggle in this most crucial aspect of your relationship with Almighty God.

No comments: